Let's Talk :: Books :: Destination Simple by Brooke McAlary



I signed up for a free trial of
Amazon Prime the 
other day.

When I went in to look around
at what was available, this
book caught my eye.

I downloaded it to my kindle and started reading.

It took me less than an hour to finish and 
was so full of great information! 

I cannot wait to sit and do the exercises 
included in the book!  Many of the
things I already do but there
were a few new thoughts,
everything else was a
great reminder
and I will
be 

doing a refresher
of my morning and evening
rhythms (previously called routines)
but I love her explanation of rhythms and am
for sure going to adopt that new terminology! 
I'd be happy to share some of what I come 
up with if you guys would be interested
 in reading about it.  Let me know 
in the comments ... although, 
I'll probably share anyway,
ha ha!  That's just me ... 

I'll leave you for 
now with this thought 
from the book.  The chapter is 
called NOTICING and it starts like this
"So much of simple living is the art of noticing.
Stopping long enough to attend to the beauties - 
both large and tiny - that surround us.  In fact, 
if I had to sum this book up in one idea 
it would be this: become a noticer. 
Slow down and pay attention."

I love that.

SLOW DOWN and PAY ATTENTION.

xx

Comments

Post a Comment

I am interested to hear your thoughts! Share them here in the comments ...

Popular posts from this blog

This is me.

Word of the Year for 2021

Word of the Year for 2023