Get me to the beach!


AIP is not just a diet.  
It's a lifestyle.
It isn't just about the food.
It's also about sleep, reducing stress

Beach walking with a friend ticks 
three of those boxes for me!

The obvious one ... movement. 
Walking on the beach doesn't feel like exercise.
It feels like sand in my toes, water splashing my feet,
sea breezes and sunshine vying for my attention.
It's the sound of crashing waves.
It's crabs and birds and jellyfish on the shore.
It's salty.  It's fresh.  

It's my favourite!

These things all also work towards
reducing my stress levels.  The minute my feet
hit the sand, I can feel my shoulders let down and my 
brain shut out the noise of the "to do" list that 
can be constant if not managed.
The stress melts away.  

I can almost FEEL it go!

Pair the beach walk with a friend
and all of a sudden we have movement, 
reduced stress AND connection.

There's nothing better than walking along,
talking about the things of life.  The big things, the 
little things.  The easy things, the hard things.
The fun things, the not so fun things.
It's all part of being connected.

It all works towards
better health.

It's win win!

So tell me ... 

What do you do for movement? 
How do you reduce your stress levels?
Where do you find connection? 

xx

Comments

  1. I've been SOOOOO focused on the food part...which was quite overwhelming!! That I haven't focused as much on movement, stress, sleep, and connection. I've done little things here and there, but nothing consistently. I want to work on adding at least one of these this year! I'll keep you posted ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it easiest in the beginning to get the food part on track first. But the other stuff is also really important. I'm glad you are going to work on adding them ... :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I am interested to hear your thoughts! Share them here in the comments ...

Popular posts from this blog

This is me.

Word of the Year for 2021

Word of the Year for 2023