Reintroduction :: Mustard Seeds


I haven't had a chance to sit and write about my mustard seed reintroduction before now.
I actually had forgotten that mustard is supposed to be eliminated and had been 
making the Mustard Pretzel Brussels Sprouts over at AIPooja. Whooops!

**

I had no reaction to that mustard nor to the mustard seeds I ate last week.
I had no previous reaction to mustard the first time I reintroduced it either so I think it's ok.
The thing to be careful with when reintroducing mustard is that there isn't anything
else in the mustard that is non-compliant.  Like sugar.

**

11 February
Roasted Sweet Potato with Yellow and Black Mustard Seeds

The first night I reintroduced mustard seeds,
I just added them to some sweet potatoes that I was roasting.
So easy ... I just did thick slices of sweet potato. 
Tossed them through some avocado oil
with a mixture of mustard seeds,
garlic powder, dried onion
flakes and sea salt.

Into a hot oven that I had 
preheated to 200° C (400°F) and
roast for maybe 15/20 minutes ... til golden
and delicious!

**

12 February
Leftover Roasted Sweet Potato with Yellow and Black Mustard Seeds

The second day, I had leftovers.
So easy!

The rest of this meal, if you are interested is the taco meat in Autoimmune Wellness's 
recipe for their Loaded Baked Sweet Potato.  In the winter I make it with the 
baked sweet potato but I find that kinda hot in the summer so I just
make the taco meat. The whole family loves it.  And it is one 
of my favourite places to hide chicken liver. You 
can't even tell it's there but you are getting
all of the goodness that comes from
eating it! But anyway, I do 
the taco meat and then
various taco 
fixings.

The rest of 
the family will 
usually pull out some
tortillas to eat with theirs.
I love that it's a recipe easily adapted
to each individual's need within the family.

**

As for the mustard seeds ...
I'm calling their reintroduction a success.

xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is me.

Word of the Year for 2021

Word of the Year for 2023