AIP Cantonese Steamed Fish with Pineapple and Kaffir Lime Cauliflower Rice



I was at the fish store the other day buying our fish for the week.
I always buy salmon and then I try to buy something different.
This week I bought Red Emperor.  The man in the fish shop 
gave me the suggestion to steam it ... he said he wife has
done it that way, with Asian flavours.  So, I found a 
recipe online that I could modify.  This is what
I came up with.  I didn't have a bamboo
steamer but I do now!  What fun!
You could use any method 
to steam that you
want.

The fish:

Ingredients:
2 pieces of Red Emperor
4 spring onions
biggish chunk of ginger
small handful of cilantro (fresh coriander)
3 tablespoons coconut amionos
1 tsp honey
3 tablespoons water
avocado oil

Method:

Mix coconut aminos, water and honey. 
Set aside.

Chop the cilantro.
Set aside.
Julienne the spring onions and ginger.
Set aside.

Get the steamer ready.
I used a bamboo steamer set on top
of a frying pan full of water.
Boil the water,
steam the fish til cooked 
through.

Remove fish from steamer to serving plate.
Top with cilantro.

Heat some oil in a frying pan.
Add the ginger and let it sizzle for a minute or two.
Add the spring onions.
Cook for another minute or two.
Add the coconut amino
mixture and keep 
cooking til sauce
thickens just
a little bit.
Spoon all of that on 
top of the fish.


The cauliflower rice:

Ingredients:
1 head of cauliflower

3 cloves of garlic
a couple of shallots
a couple of kaffir lime leaves
a few slices of fresh pineapple, chopped small
coconut oil


Method:

Process the cauliflower into rice.
Chop garlic, shallots, kaffir lime leaves and pineapple.
Saute all but the pineapple in a bit of coconut oil.
Once fragrant, add the cauliflower.
Cook for a couple minutes,

not too long or it will
get soggy.

Take off of heat and stir in pineapple.


xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is me.

Word of the Year for 2021

Word of the Year for 2023