Reintroduction :: Chia Seeds



Today I did my first reintroduction ... well, my first one this time around.

I have done reintroductions before. 
But I got a little ahead of myself and didn't do them properly.
So, from January 1st of this year, I've been back on strict AIP elimination phase.
I did have one weekend where I went a little less strict because I was
away for a girls weekend with a friend.  I did stick to only things 
I had previously reintroduced and still made wise choices.  
I didn't suffer any obvious setbacks and none of 
my HS symptoms returned which was 
both encouraging and exciting!

My body is healing!

There is a great guide for doing reintroductions
on the Autoimmune Wellness website.
I followed that guide last time.
But because I already have some idea of
my triggers, I'm adding things back in a different 
order this time.  I'm doing it more out of what is most useful
to have in my diet.  Chia seeds are something that I successfully 
reintroduced the first time and something that really helped my digestion.

I'd like to use this blog to document my reintroductions so I will
probably come back to this post and update each day, but we'll will see.

**

7 February:
Mango and Passionfruit Chia


Blend one mango, a bit of water, and a scoop of Collagen Powder.

Mix in two tablespoons of chia seeds.
Top with fresh passion fruit pulp and a couple scoops of
Coyo Probiotic Vanilla Bean Coconut Yoghurt 

xx

** 


So far so good.


**

8 February:
Pineapple Chia

Blend fresh pineapple, a bit of water, and a scoop of Collagen Powder.

Mix in two tablespoons of chia seeds.
Top with fresh chunks of fresh pineapple and a couple scoops of
Coyo Probiotic Vanilla Bean Coconut Yoghurt
**

It's been two days now and I haven't had any adverse
reactions from eating chia seeds.
I didn't expect to but I'm glad I haven't.  
I am going to give it another day or two and then
I'm going to add something else in.

I'll let you know what that is when I decide. 

**

9 February:
Passionfruit Chia

Today's concoction didn't need to go in the blender,
I just mixed the following with a spoon and let it set til firm.

The pulp of two big passionfruits, a scoop of Collagen Powder, 
two tablespoons of chia seeds, and a couple spoonfuls of
Coyo Probiotic Vanilla Bean Coconut Yoghurt 


**

I think I'm going to call Chia Seeds a successful reintroduction.
I haven't seen any negative effects from eating them.

In fact, I've seen positive effects. 
They do wonders for my digestion, if you know what I mean.
If you don't, that's ok ... I'm going to write a post on it.
But not tonight.

xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is me.

Word of the Year for 2021

Word of the Year for 2023