Word of the Year for 2022


A brand new year ... it's one of my favourite things!
This year has gone by so fast, hasn't it?

If you follow along on my Instagram or Facebook pages,
you'll know that last years word NEW was a great
word and brought with it lots of adventures!
We completed our goal of walking one
new beach, climbing one new
mountain and discovering
one new waterfall
each month.
Thanks to
this word, 2021
was one of my favourite
years ... and I definitely have
finished the year feeling very different
to how I felt at the start.  I had hoped this word
would help me feel a little less stuck in circumstances
out of my control.  And it has!  While there are still things 
in my life that are out of my control, they no longer 
occupy the greatest space in my mind. 

**

Moving into 2022, I have chosen the word build.
I played around with a few different words,
train and habit among them.  But then 
last week I was listening to an 
audio book or a podcast, I 
can't remember now,
 but I heard them 
use the word 
* BUILD *
and
I knew that 
was it. 

**

I want to build
on what I have learned
over the last handful of years. 

I want to continue to build my mind, body and soul. 

I want to build new habits.

**

Building my body will look like me getting more serious 
about training.  Swimming, walking, climbing, hiking, 
rowing, stretching, pilates, yoga, dance, foam 
rolling, rebounding, grounding etc.  

These are all things I do now but have let slide a bit.

Building my body will also look like making sure I 
am fueling it properly.  I think I do a pretty good job of 
that already, but I want to build on what I know. I will 
focus on nutrient density and making sure my body 
has the fuel it need to do the physical training.

Building my mind/soul will look like being intentional
with reading, studying, researching, practicing my 
spanish, playing piano, learning new things, listening 
to podcasts, continuing to get out in nature and 
explore, finding connection with other people, etc

**

I work really well when I have something practical 
to focus on so I have decided that I will set 
myself a goal of developing one new habit 
per month. Each month, I will continue 
the previously established habits and 
add a new one.  

By the end of 
the year, I will hopefully 
have established 12 new habits.

These are not complicated or difficult, but they
are things I have been wanting to be
consistent at doing.  Let's see
how this works!

**

I haven't decided what order I will do them in yet 
(except for the first one) but here is the list
of 12 habits that I'd like to establish 
by the end of 2022.

  1. Walking for 30 minutes everyday.  I have already 
started doing this while we've been on holidays, the 
trick will be how I go once work starts back! The 
rest of these are in no particular order, I 
will just decided each month which
one I will do next ... 

2. Grounding in front yard for 10 minutes to 
help set circadian rhythm for the day
and regulate melatonin production for sleep 
quality and quantity.

3. Dry Brushing 4. Oil Pulling 
5. Gua Sha 6. Hanging 
7. Dancing 8. Reading
10. Spanish - Duolingo App
11. Rebounding
12. Foam Rolling/Stretching

**

There you go ... those are my thoughts
for BUILD in 2022.

What are you thinking you will focus
on for 2022?  Leave me a comment here or 
pop over to Insta or Facebook and 
we can chat there!

** 

I leave you with the 
36 photos from NEW 2021

xx

Beaches: Shelly, Coolum, Golden, Yamba, First Bay, Pt Arkwright, Agnes/1770,  Bokarina, Bribie Island, Sunshine to Noosa, Hervey Bay, Moololaba Mountains: Coolum, Wild Horse, Ngungun, Tinbeerwah, Emu, Ninderry, Brooyar, Coochin, Tibrogargan, Cooroora, Beerburrum, Tibberoowuccum Waterfalls: Gardners, Buderim Forest (Serenity), Kondalilla, Wappa, Cilento, Kureelpa, Gheerulla, Baxter, Booloumba, Baroon, Purling Brook, Natural Bridge

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is me.

Word of the Year for 2021

Word of the Year for 2023