Clam and Veggie Soup


I LOVE CLAMS.  
Always have, ever since I was a little girl!
This soup is is the result of just wanting to eat clams
and needing to use up some veggies at the end of the week.

I've made a it a couple of times and each time was different.

There's not really measurements for this.  
I just kind of throw everything in depending on what I have
and how many servings I want to make.

Ingredients: 
Clams - I buy these ones locally.  
The are frozen.  I use half a bag for this recipe.
Onions, sliced.
Mushrooms, quartered.
Any veggies ... I've used brussels sprouts, 
zucchini, broccoli, kale stems, spinach leaves.
Spring onions, sliced to scatter on top.
Bone Broth, I used a homemade chicken stock.
 
Thai Chicken Soup Crispy Garlic,  to serve ...
optional but very desirable (recipe here)



Method:
I start by sautéing the onion and the veggies.
I add them in stages, seasoning with salt as I go, based on which
ones I think will take longer 
or shorter to soften.  I like to have some bite to them 
but not really a crunch. But you can do it to your own preferences. Once the veggies are 
sautéed, add the clams and the bone broth. Cover and cook until clams open.
(This only takes a few minutes.) Serve with crispy garlic and 
sliced spring onions on top.

xx



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is me.

Word of the Year for 2021

Word of the Year for 2023