AIP Spaghetti Sauce - minus the Spaghetti


This was such an exciting meal
for me to make and eat! 
I hadn't had a spaghetti sauce in over two years ...
and this tasted like the real deal!

It started with the discovery of 
this post over on Unbound Wellness.
It's a recipe for AIP Nightshade Free Marinara Sauce.
It's an Instant Pot recipe don't worry if you don't 
have one, she has notes for how to 
cook it on the stovetop.

I followed her 
recipe exactly except for one thing.
I used homemade chicken bone broth in 
place of the water.  I use that stuff
is as much as I can because 
it is so good for us!

So ... you'll need to make that first.
I did this on a different day and froze it.
Then when I was ready to make this dish, 
I already had that sauce on hand. 

To make the rest of the dish ...

Ingredients:
600g beef mince
200g chicken livers
1 onion, chopped small
garlic, to your taste preference
(I used 3 or 4 cloves, finely diced)
fresh herbs, I used rosemary, thyme, oregano,
parsley and chives. (I would also have used basil
if I had it) You could also use dried herbs
but I find fresh much more flavourful.
1 cup (or more if you like) pitted kalamata olives
I didn't add mushrooms this time but only because I forgot!
I will add them next time for sure. 
pinch of salt (and pepper if you have reintroduced)

Method:
Grind chicken livers in blender of food processor.
Heat a bit of oil ... I like olive or avocado oil.
Sautee garlic and onion
til garlic is just starting to go golden.
(you don't want it to burn)
Add beef mince and ground chicken livers.
Brown the meat.
Add mushrooms if using.
Add the Marinara Sauce, fresh herbs, salt and pepper.
Let simmer for 10 minutes or so.
Add the kalamata olives.
Let simmer another 5 minutes.

You could serve this over Zucchini Noodles
or Spaghetti Squash.
Or even over a baked sweet potato! 

But, I just got a spoon and 
ate it out of a bowl just like it was!

Enjoy!

xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is me.

Word of the Year for 2021

Word of the Year for 2023