Reintroduction :: Cacao (with Raw Bounty Bar recipe)

This is my third reintroduction - cacao. 

**

I did have a flare last week that was quite discouraging 
but I am pretty sure that is was caused by going overboard with 
dried fruit! I was eating dried apricots and raisins by the bowl full, as
well as dates on too high of a quantity!  The sugar content in dried fruit is high 
and I think certain sugars really set me off.  I have stopped consuming 
dried fruit all together and have seen a reduction and healing
 in the flare already so am confident that it was that and
am happy to continue on with more reintros.
Cacao is another one that I had
previously has success
in reintroducing
so let's do it
again!

I posted this
last night and a few 
people said they would like
the recipe so here it is!


I found a recipe for Raw Bounty Bars a while back 
and have been tweaking it or sometime now.
This is my tweaked version ...

Ingredients:

The Coconut Inside
3 cups shredded coconut
3/4 cup coconut oil
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup

The Chocolate Outside
6 tablespoons cacao butter
(I use cacao butter buttons)
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
4 tablespoons cacao powder

Method:

The Coconut Inside
In a food processor or high powered blender 
(I use my thermomix), blend half of the shredded coconut 
til starting to look like conconut butter.  Add coconut oil and maple 
syrup and blend again til combined. Add remaining shredded
coconut and stir with a spoon. (You want this to remain 
chunky to give it some texture.)  Line a small baking
tin or container with baking paper (I use a 
square one that's about 6x6inches) The
smaller the container, the thicker
your inside bit will be.
But anyway ...

Pop the mixture into
the lined container and put 
it into the freezer.  Do not skip this 
step ... I have done that but the chocolate
in the next step doesn't stick quite as well when this
isn't cold and a bit solidified.  BUT also don't 
leave it in there too long because if it 
freezes all the way through, it is
really hard to cut it! Just 
leave it in there
while you do
this next
bit.

The Chocolate Outside
Melt the cacao butter in a small 
saucepan on medium to low heat.  You 
don't want it to burn.  You just want it to be all 
liquified.  Take off the heat and add in the cacao powder.
Stir til no longer lumpy and then add in the maple syrup and stir.

Putting It All Together
Grab your coconut insides out of the freezer.  
Cut into whatever shape/size you want.  I tend to do 
some rectangles and some squares, I like them a bit rustic and
 am not too concerned with them being all the same.  Line a large flat 
container with baking paper (you will see why) Dip each square into the chocolate 
and put it into the container.  The chocolate will run but don't worry, it will
harden and be yummy! Continue with each square until they are all
coated with chocolate.  I always have more chocolate left 
over at this stage but I just get a spoon and spoon
it on top of each of the squares where it 
soaks in and makes them even
more delicious! I always
eat one at this
point, you
know, 
just for the
safety of those I'm
making them for! ha ha. No
really, it's because they are irresistible
and so yummy with the warm chocolate and 
the cool coconut!  But, then I put the rest in the fridge to 
set.  Once the chocolate has hardened, they are officially done.

A little note for serving ... 
the chocolate will soften and run a bit if 
they stay out of the fridge for too long.  This is 
not a bad thing, just something for you to be aware of.

Enjoy! 

xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is me.

Word of the Year for 2021

Word of the Year for 2023